Entry 7 - Island Insights: Exploring Fortnite's Ever-Changing World
Have you ever found a new video game to play and it ended up being one of your favorites of all time? Well that's how it was for me in this case. As I was entering my 8th grade year, there had been so much buzz going around about this new free-to-play game that everyone had been trying out. Filled with curiosity, I went home after school and loaded up my Xbox. I went to the app store, typed "Fortnite" into the search browser, and began downloading the game. This would turn out to be one of my best gaming decisions ever. Since Fortnite just recently brought back their OG map, I figured it was only write to pour out my thoughts on the game as a whole!
Fortnite Battle Royale was released on console and PC in August of 2017. I didn't start to get interested in the game at it's launch, but rather a couple of months after that. The game was still in it's very early stages when I first hopped on. I played through the end of season one and most of season two, but I still had other games I preferred to play, so I wasn't investing too much time into the game yet. Once season 3 came around I started getting locked in. At this point, Fortnite had became one of my favorite games to play. I started getting very good at the game and began competing in the cash cup tournaments the game would hold. I never became the best player in the world, but I still made a little cash while also enjoying what I loved doing. As the seasons progressed, Epic games, Fortnite's developers, started to add some nonsense into the game. It was slowly becoming less and less enjoyable, and I finally decided to step away for a while. I didn't start playing again until the end of chapter 2, but I still never got back into it like how I used to be. A year or so goes by, and Fortnite launched an event where they would bring back the old game for a period of time. I was ecstatic when I heard the news, and I invited some of my boys to hop on so we could all feel the nostalgia, and it has been a blast!
When the OG Fortnite event is over, I'm not sure if I will continue to play the game. However, it will forever have a spot in my heart, and the memories I shared with others on here will be ones I remember forever. As I've grown older, I've slowly started drifting away from gaming as a hobby, but its always nice to hop on the sticks occasionally and take a trip down memory lane!

.jpg)

I never played when the game first came out but I've been playing for 3 years with my friends and I have a great time on it.
ReplyDelete