(Practice Entry) Blogs as a Whole: The Good and the Bad

 

         What are Blogs? 

blog is a website published to the internet by individuals or small groups. They are created for many reasons, such as sharing ideas and expertise, marketing, and exchanging information. I believe blogs can be useful to everybody because of their diversity. Each blog has its own style and tone. Some are more on the professional side, being more organized with proper grammar, and some are more casual, family - friendly with not as many details. You can search up blogs about making money, sports, or even that new video game you've been thinking about buying! Regardless of your needs. There is a blog for you!


My Purpose

One of the reasons I created this blog is to break down and discuss two different blogs of my choice. The blogs I have chosen to write about are called "Entrepreneur" and "90 Min.



Entrepreneur

Entrepreneur is a blog that gives information about business. What I like about this blog is that it is very resourceful and has plenty of tips and tricks that can help you get started on your own business. On the other hand, it's filled with ads and popups that can get in your way while trying to browse, and that can get annoying. The blog is formatted with subheadings, containing brief texts that explain the story you are about to click on. I feel like this was a good way to show the diverse topics within the blog. It is organized by the articles that have received the most views for the day or week. The Author's purpose was to keep everyone up to date on the latest business news. The pictures used are mostly people working on computers, dressed up in nice clothing, which subtly represents their career.


90 Min.

90 Min. is a Blog about everything related to Soccer. You can find news about the professionals, women's soccer, and the trades/ transfers going on around the league. I find it appealing how this blog is set up. There is a drop-down bar at the top if the website that allows you to choose which topic you'd like to browse. Similar to Entrepreneur, 90 Min. also contains subheadings with minimal text, which are links to the bigger article. The author's purpose was to give soccer fans a reliable site to refer to whenever they are in need of some information about their teams, a certain player, etc. When it comes to what I dislike, that comes down to personal bias. I am not the biggest soccer fan, nor do I watch soccer. It would be pointless for me to read this blog because nothing on it would catch my attention. On top of that, any big news from the sports world gets put on social media, so I could see certain things there if I wanted to. 


Sign off

To conclude, blogs are created for everyone. No matter where you look, you will always find one that fits your needs. Every blog is influential to somebody in its own way. It all comes down to the readers preference and perspective. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry 1: Unlocking the Power Within: Discovering the Joy of Working Out and Inspiring Others to Get Moving!