Entry 3 - The Seattle Seahawks: The Facts and the Fandom

 


Watching football is an awesome hobby for anyone who is seeking some excitement on the weekends. The thrill you get while rooting for your team to win is exhilarating! Watching the pros make big plays and contest in close games will really have you jumping out of your seat. Fans who watch football most likely have a specific team that they root for. Whether it's because of where you're from, a family tradition, or just because you like the team, having a favorite team is essential for getting the best experience out of watching the games. For me, my team of choice is the Seattle Seahawks, and I'd love to share some facts about them and why they're my favorite.




The Facts

The Seahawks were introduced to the NFL in 1976 as an NFC west expansion team. In 1983, the Seahawks played in their first playoff game and won against the Denver Broncos. They sadly did not make it to the Super Bowl this year. In 2005, the team finally made it to their first Super Bowl. They played against the Pittsburg Steelers, where we unfortunately lost to them 21-10. After a 37 year Super Bowl win drought, we finally got our first ring in SB 48 in a blowout 43-8 win over the Broncos. I find it ironic how we got our first ever playoff win AND first Super Bowl win against the Broncos. Anyways, Seattle refers to their fans as the 12th man. This is because they have one of the loudest fans in the NFL. The noise the crowd makes can play a difference in the game itself. There might be a chance that the opposing players on the field may not be able to hear each other because of the fans, and this can cause penalties which are beneficial to the home team. Having a good fanbase can really help you out, especially if winning is on the line.

The Fandom

I chose to be a Seahawks fan because I wanted to represent my home team. Even though I don't live in Seattle anymore, I was born there, and I always wanna take my city with me wherever I go. Another reason why they're my favorite is because of how elite they were when I started watching football. I started repping my team when I was 8 years old. Around this time was when Seattle was about to win their first Super Bowl. My dad tried raising me to be a Bears fan, but I wanted to be part of the fanbase that connected me to my city. I've been to 4 Seahawks games in total, but I have yet to see them play in our home stadium. That is definitely something on my bucket list. This year I plan to go watch them play the Cardinals again, but I would love to travel up north to watch them play next year!



Wrapping up

If you are a person who has played defense before, then you've probably heard your coach tell you to fully wrap up when you're making a tackle. The last thing you want is someone slipping out of your tackle and making a big play. You thought there was going to be more context after that, didn't you? Well you were wrong. That "wrap up" talk was just a joke to go with the heading. Gotcha, lol. On a realer note, watching football is definitely something to consider if you enjoy sports. You can really learn to enjoy it you take the time to understand it and find out all of the fun you can have. I would recommend becoming a Seahawks fan, but chose the team that you would see the best fit for yourself!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry 1: Unlocking the Power Within: Discovering the Joy of Working Out and Inspiring Others to Get Moving!

(Practice Entry) Blogs as a Whole: The Good and the Bad